In 1955, a completely new beat was created in America, the «Bo Diddley beat».
Already, the first single of the musician became a number one hit in the R’n’B charts.
«Bo Diddley created a myth that was uniquely his own. An entire rhythm is owned to just one guy and that’s pretty rare. He was such a trooper and a timeless individual. I’m hoping the pioneers of rock like Bo Diddley won’t be forgotten», ex-Guns N’Roses guitarist Slash enthuses about him.
Diddley died of heart failure in Florida on June 2, 2008, at the age of 79. His last concert was in May 2007, when he suffered a stroke from which he could not recover. Until then he had released more than 40 albums since 1957, was added to the Rock’n’Roll Hall Of Fame in 1987 and to the Blues Hall Of Fame in 2004.
The concert on this DVD is an Allstar recording from 1985 recorded at the ‘Irvine Meadows Amphitheater in California’.
The line-up can be considered as kind of a «who’s who» of rock business.
– Guitars: Ron Wood, Rolling Stone; Carl Wilso, Beach Boys
– Drums & Percussion: Kenny Jones
– Faces: Mick Fleetwood, Fleetwood Mac; Mitch Mitchell, Jimi Hendrix; Carmine Appice, Vanilla Fudge
– Keyboards: Bill Champlin, Chicago; John Mayall, Bluesbreakers
– Bass: John Lodge, Moody Blues; Rudy Sarzo, Quiet Riot
– Vocals: Chuck Negron, Three Drog Night; Ronnie Lane, Faces
– Horns: Bobby Keys, Phil Kenzie, Lee Thornberg